Friday 30 March 2007

Its been a busy week...





Introducing the girls. Last Friday, we got our first hens, 4 Warrens who settled in fairly quickly and produced their first eggs for us on the same day. Was more excited than the kids when I found them in the nest.
Steve has now finished building the big run for them so they can move around and scratch to their hearts content.
On Wednesday we added to the feathery family with two Rhode Island Reds and a Bantam. A bit of scrapping at first while the pecking order was established, but they all seem to have settled down again now. Attached some pics.

Thanks
Kirsty

2 comments:

Johnty Greentoes said...

Kirsty

Totally impressive what you've managed to achieve. Yes you were mad to take it on (I know the feeling!) but it was a very good stroke of madness.

Inspiring, which is just what I need. Can I link our bogs?

Kirsty said...

Thanks johnty, I would be happy to link blogs. Mrs D gave me instructions on how to, so I'll see if I can get a link to yours done.