Thursday 22 March 2007

Springtime?






Been taking more photos! While staking my pea plants with a taller cane, I was happy to find a flower. Just the one so far, but at least it means that I'm not quite the kiss of death to plants that I used to be!

A couple of photos showing my greenhouse staging rapidly getting filled up with pots of seedlings and my 'greenhouse within a greenhouse' designed to give my tomato plants a bit of extra protection.

Pleased to announce that we finally have some life showing on the mushroom kit. The tiny white blobs on the compost are going to be chestnut mushrooms when they grow up. Other half so chuffed with himself, I reckon he thinks he's Percy Thrower reincarnated!

Finally. the Jerusalem Artichoke bed. Dug, edged and the tubers are in. Have earthed them up in case of frost because some had started sprouting. Spuds are going to go in on the right of the artichoke bed, and to the left is where the chooks are going to go.

Thanks
Kirsty

No comments: