Sunday 17 February 2008

Udate 17 Feb 2008





Since my last update I have planted out my young cabbages in some free space at the side of my strawberry bed. Handy because then I can net them against greedy, hungry pigeons! Have included a lovely picture of Lauren collecting eggs the other morning and a pic of the girls having a roam while I cleaned out the shed. Used some orange netting stuff to keep them contained so I didn't have to chase them the length of the allotment to get them back in the run. Alpine starwberries have germinated and they are tiny! Going to be a while before they are big enough to prick out into their own pots.

The spreading out of the fruit bushes is ongoing. have got 5 redcurrants and a gooseberry moved, just need to do the blackcurrants then I'll be able to make an area for the raspberries I plan on getting soon.
Not much else going on really, still to early to get anything else sown. Might start some beefsteak toms indoor soon, to give them a longer growing season than the smaller varieties.

Cheers all
Kirsty

No comments: