Monday 4 February 2008

Some pics, some progress






Dug over a bed the other day for the strawberries to be moved into. have planted them in ridges to aid drainage on my heavy clay soil. The ridges also make it easier to tuck them in with straw without swamping the plants themselves. Next job on my list is to dig over another bed, and into that I am going to put some of my soft fruit bushes so that they all get some more room and make weeding easier for me. I'll give that a thick mulch of straw too until I can buy the weed control fabric as this bed will be permanent.
Not much else to report really. Some cheeky bastard came and nicked my gate the other day. Nothing else touched or damged so I have small things to be thankful for at least. My £20 bargain B & Q placcy greenhouse got blown over by the wind but that survived too. Thankfully no plants in there as I have been using it to store the chooks straw bales.
Hens laying well. Got 6 eggs for the first time on Saturday so lots of baking and cooking now methinks!! Will likely sell surplus eggs as that money can then go towards hens living costs!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

from australia

hikenken@hotmail.com

Hi i am ken wheeler and i live in gundagai new south wales
you seem keen , well i am keen in the gardening department and all the plants I try to grow die due tyo the harsh conditions here. I am interested in gettibg a green house going soon