Monday 23 April 2007

Saturday and Sunday









Blazing sunshine and ground like concrete. Lovely. Managed to break my fork, so a new one has been duly purchased.

Got quite a few photos to put on, so here they come in no particular order. Have got some pretty little strawberry pots from Tesco for less than £4 each, so of course I HAD to go out and purchase 12 strawbs to put in them! His lordship has given his gracious permission for me to place them on the side of his precious pond, but if his fish take a fancy to my fruit, theres gonna be trouble!

My spuds are beginning to poke their little green heads above ground. Had to get a pic for the family album. The old lawnmower has been brought back into service as somewhere for my sweet peas to grow. They're starting to get a bit taller now, I'll pinch them out when they are big enough.

The swings have been put up for Lauren. I no longer get the 'I'm bored' chorus. She plays, I dig and plant, everybody's happy. I'm not worried about the space it takes up cos a few of the sheds have been marked for demolition which will give me extra planting space next year.

Have sneaked in a small pic of my little front garden as the tulips are all coming out and it was looking rather pretty after I had given it a tidy up and put in the plants I got at the show t'other week.


Have sown more runner and french beans, having Scarlet Emperor (runner) and Blue Lake (french). Herbs have been sown, currently growing on are Marjoram, thyme, Coriander, Dill, Parsley and Tarragon. Lettuces that are catch cropping between the spuds are doing well. Have planted out a short row of young pea plants. Need to get some more started off now. Tomatoes of all varieties are romping away in the greenhouse, have planted up 3 tumbler plants into a hanging basket. Going to plant some basil in there with them when its big enough.

thanks for listening
Kirsty

No comments: