Wednesday 12 March 2008

Update 12 March 2008








OK, some pics, then a quick blurb about what I have done in the last 3 days.

I have helped Lauren make her own little raised bed and in it so far she has started garlic and peas. A pic of her sowing her peas and a view of it with pea sticks in place. I need to get the other half filled up so she can plant a couple of other bits in it.

I have divided and planted out the rhubarb crowns given to me. They are in the bed that the Jerusalem Fartichokes were in last year, found a few while I was digging it over ready for the rhubarb!

The toms in placcy bags have achieved 100% germination and have now been gently placed in small pots of compost to grow. Have just been down the plot to give the girls their evening corn, so took the opportunity to tuck the toms up in a protective layer of bubblewrap as the temperature is forecast to be about 3-4 degrees tonight.

Hurrah!! have finally finished sorting out the blackcurrants. Took a close up of one bush as they all have leaf burst now. So nice to see things coming to life on the plot.

And finally, the chooks are all ok. Can start using their eggs again on Friday, but their laying rate has slowed right down because I have wormed them. That will come back up again in a week or so though and I will once again be wondering what on earth to do with all the eggs!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Webcam, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://webcam-brasil.blogspot.com. A hug.